Admission to PhD programs
Baku Higher Oil School announces admission to PhD programs by the following three specialties for the 2022/2023 academic year:
|Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields
|Chemical Technology and Engineering
|System analysis, management and information processing (by fields)
The requirements for admission to the PhD programs are as follows:
For citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- Higher education (master's degree);
- Participation in the competition: Foreign Language exam (conducted by the SEC);
- Philosophy exam;
- Specialty Subject exam;
For foreign citizens:
- Higher education (master's degree (diploma must be nostrified by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan));
- IELTS certificate;
- Duration of PhD programs: 3 years (full-time), 4 years (part-time).
Candidates should provide the following documents for admission to the PhD program:
- Application (on behalf of BHOS Rector);
- Personnel registration sheet (sealed);
- 2 photos (3x4 cm);
- Certificate of employment (sealed);
- Extract from the workbook for those with work experience;
- The list of published scientific articles (sealed) or abstract on the chosen specialty;
- The duly certified copy of the diploma (and diploma supplement) of the higher education institution (certificate of recognition of education documents for citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan who studied abroad);
- Copy of ID.
*E-application system instruction for admission of doctoral students to higher education institutions:
Those who want to enroll into doctoral degree programs of higher education institutions must register on “portal.edu.az.” To do this, go to the main page, click the "Register" button and move to the appropriate page.
If you already have a registration on the portal, you do not need to re-register.
If you have forgotten your password when logging in to your personal account, go to the main page, click the "Forgot your password?" button and enter your email address in the window that opens. In the next window that opens, enter the last 4 digits of the mobile number. A confirmation code will be sent to the mobile number. Enter this code for a new password to be assigned to you.
Upon logging into the system, choose “Registration to higher and secondary special education institutions” service and fill in the required information in the form.
You should choose the “Contract-based admission (PhD students)” field.
Your personal information is automatically displayed. Confirm it and move to the next step.
The mobile number and email address that you indicated in the registration process were included in your personal information.
You must choose the program and level of education, the institution, the specialty, the education form and the form of payment. The specialty code is displayed automatically.
It is recommended that you attach all your documents in the PDF format on one page. You will not be able to add multiple pages to the same box. Important documents turn red when you click the “Apply” button.
Add the required documents to all the boxes that turn red when you click the “Apply” button.
You can increase the number of boxes by pressing the “+” button next to the other document box.
The institution you applied to will inform you about this through the system and SMS. Please keep track of your personal account.
He should write on the A4 paper information about the institution in which he is currently studying and the specialty in which he is majoring, and he should upload the scanned version of the paper.
They should obtain a certificate of graduation from the institution they graduated from and upload the scanned version of the document.
No, it is not mandatory, it can be uploaded without a seal.
1. If the citizen does not work anywhere, he should handwrite or type "I don't work anywhere" on the A4 paper and upload it;
2. If the citizen used to work but is not working currently, he should upload a copy of the extract from the work record book into the “Work record book” box, and he should handwrite or type "I don't work anywhere" on the A4 paper and upload a scanned version of the paper into the “Reference letter” box;
3. If the citizen does not have a work record book but has work experience, he should handwrite or type “I don't work anywhere” on the A4 paper and upload a scanned version of the paper into the “Copy of the extract from the work record book” box and the “Copy of reference letter” box.
No, You can’t apply to another institutions unless you get "Rejected" status from the institution you have applied to.
No, a military document is not required as the main document, but if any institution requires it, it can be attached as another document.
No, a Bachelor Diploma is not required as the main document.
The biography can be uploaded in both handwritten and electronic form, and it must definitely be signed.
Documents can be uploaded in all three formats: JPG, PNG, and PDF.